There's no Holi like Mangarh Holi at Jagadguru Kripalu Ji Maharaj's Ashram (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Mangarh and New York get ready for a sparkling Diwali 2015 (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Let's go to Bhakti Dham Mangarh again! (Sadhana Shivir 2015)(Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat Honoured for Women Empowerment (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Kripaluji Maharaj's Dream Project Becomes a Reality (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Jagadguru Remembered on Guru Purnima 2015 (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Sea of Divine Seekers Attend Guru Poornima 2015 Meditation Program (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Process of becoming a disciple of Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Happy Guru Poornima 2015 to Jagadguru Kripalu Ji Maharaj(Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Students learning about Jagadguru Kripalu Ji Maharaj(Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj is different than a Guru... (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Friday, July 11, 2014

A Guru Poornima Tale for 2014 - Meeting Kripalu Ji Maharaj in Mussoorie

Happy Guru Poornima 2014 story with Jagadguru Kripalu Ji Maharaj
Happy Guru Poornima 2014 to all devotees of Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj


A Guru Poornima Tale - Meeting Jagadguru Kripalu Ji Maharaj in Mussoorie

It was a last minute decision in Summer 2008. I was in a heartbroken state for several months, and needed a break from life, so I thought "Why not go to Musoorie!" For some completely unknown reason, I made no plans, told no one I was coming, had no idea where Mussoorie was or how I would make it. All I did was book a flight to Delhi airport and had no idea what was happening beyond that. I arrived at Delhi airport as planned, but after that, all my dreams turned into a nightmare, but looking back, it all seems like a divine dream.

By coincidence, an Indian devotee of Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj from USA happened to be on the same flight as me and when he saw me at Delhi airport, he recommended me to get a bus to Mussoorie. I was slightly apprehensive, but he assured me that Indian tourist buses were very comfortable and brought me to a Taxi, asked the Taxi driver to take me to an upmarket bus stop, and even gave him extra money to wait until I got on the bus. But, instead of doing that, the taxi driver brought me to a India tour company and tried to pressure me to buy a package tour to South India! I told their staff that I just wanted to go to Mussoorie. After much argument, the taxi driver got in a huff and I knew he didn't have good intentions. He proceeded to drive me away, throw me out at the side of the road next to some common bus stop, and drove away! I had no idea about the bus schedule or where I was or what to do. Some ruffian looking boys started ganging around me, making jokes and pulling at me. After a few hours, a bus arrived and it was the worst possible bus I could have ever imagined. It was the kind with metal bars instead of glass and and people crowded on the roof. I learned it was going to Dehradun. The next 20 or 30 hour journey, with many stops, was hell itself. I was baking alive the entire journey.

Eventually I reached Dehradun, in the middle of the night, not knowing where to go or what to do. I found some taxis but they wouldn't drive to Mussoorie so late at night. Then I started going to all the hotels, to see if they could get someone to drive me to Mussoorie and fortunately one of them did.

Next stop was Mussoorie. I had only seen Seva Kunj Ashram in pictures, and when I saw it, I knew it was the place. It is built into the side of a mountain with many steps. But, I had no idea where the entrance was. The driver drove off into the distance, and my only guess was to begin the monumental task of climbing the steps and hope it led somewhere. Eventually I arrived at a door. I made my presence known with thunderous knocks but there was no response.

Afterwards, I just lay on the ground. There was a beautiful thunder and lightening storm echoing through the valley. It was the most peaceful moment of my entire life, just laying there on the cold concrete. There was some warmth coming from the lightening, and I was shaking with a combination of excitement, relief, happiness and anticipation. Somehow I drifted off to sleep.

After some time, I heard a deep, divine familiar voice and my eyes began to wake from the morning rays. I heard the sound of the door open - the door I had been trying to enter. When I looked up, I saw devotees and Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj standing there. A devotee of Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj came over and picked me up off the ground and brought me to Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj. It so happened that my mother had been calling incessantly and bawling on the phone, as I had phoned her from the bus stop at the side of the road, and my phone cut off just as I was explaining the situation. Devotees told Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj about her calling.

Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj came over to me, and threw his arms around me and said "I am so so sorry!". He asked "How did your head not get sore from lying on the ground?" I said, "Maharajji, I used a t-shirt as a pillow" and he started laughing.

For the entire few months I was there, leading up to Guru Poornima and afterwards, ashram devotees treated me like a son, in every possible way. When I got sick, they made all arrangements for me. They did the same for all the foreigners who were there - fed us, looked after everything, told us how to act, when to wash. Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj also treated us like his family. It was a divine dream in every possible way and those who saw that aspect of Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj are the luckiest! Happy Guru Poornima 2014!

No comments: