Dublin, Ireland, resounds with the Divine name (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Process of becoming a disciple of Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Students learning about Jagadguru Kripalu Ji Maharaj(Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Sunday, November 18, 2012

JSR Madhukar joins the tradition of many modern and old singers to have sung bhajans of Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj

JSR Madhukar has released an album of bhajans revealed by Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj. This sets him in the tradition of a whole host of musicians who have, over the years, made the bhajans of Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj their favourites.

Dwar patit ik ayo ri Kishori Radhey! composed by Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj
(Watch on youtube if unable to view)

In this bhajan, a devotee is saying:

Dwar patit ik ayo ri Kishori Radhey!
O my beloved Kishori Radhey! A fallen soul has come to your door.

Mangat bhikh prem ki yadyapi,
I am begging for Your Divine love, but,

Patra sang nahin layo ri Kishori Radhey!
O my Kishori Radhey! I didn't bring the begging bowl with me (the kind of pure heart that could hold Your Grace).

Vishtha vishaya hetu nit ab laun,
Drowned in the muck of sensual pleasure up till now,

Shookar jyaun bhatkayo ri Kishori Radhey!
O my Kishori Radhey! I have been wandering here and there and wallowing in mundane filth like a swine.

Sanata kahyo neku nahin manyau,
I never followerd the teachings and the advice of the Saints (who were selflessly kind to me), and,

Kiyo sada manbhayo ri Krishori Radhey!
O my Kishori Radhey! I willfully did everything whatever I wanted to do.

Nartanu Hari-Harijan anukampa,
This precious human life, the Grace of God, and the blessings of rasik Saints, everything I had received, but,

Sab hi paya gamayo ri Kishori Radhey!
O my Kishori Radhey! I have lost all these golden opportunities (with my carelessness and now I am truly repenting for my mistakes).

Tum binu-hetu-kripalu 'Kripaluhin',
But, O my Radhey! You are causelessly merciful,

Puni kahe bisrayo ri Kishori Radhey!
So why have You forgotton me? (O my beloved Radhey! Please come to me now.)

Anup Jalota met Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj in Mumbai and has released several CDs of his compositions and gave a huge charity benefit concert in 2011, at Shree Maharajji's US ashram, Radha Madhav Dham.

Anup Jalota singing Chalan Lage, Thumuki Thumuki Nandlal, a bhajan revealed by Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj, at our Radha Madhav Dham ashram, USA, in 2011
(Watch on youtube if unable to view)
Anup Jalota singing Jai Jai Kripalu during a charity benefit concert at Radha Madhav Dham, Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj's ashram in America in 2011(Watch on youtube if unable to view)

The legendary playback and bhajan singer, Manna Dey, has released several albums of Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj's bhajans, the most well known of which is Apnapan Rakhna Mere Ghanshyam, released in 1975 (listen to a clip below; translation available on request).

Old recording of Manna Dey singing Apnapan Rakhna Mere Ghanshyam, a devotional song revealed by Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj, with original album cover.
(Watch on youtube if unable to view)

Other singers who have sung Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj bhajans and songs include Anuradha Paudwal.

2 comments:

Srini said...

Could you pls tell me in which year did Manna Dey sang 'Apnapan Rakhna Mere Ghanshyam' by Shri Mahraj ji?

Radhe Radhe

Kripaluji Maharaj Satsangee said...

1975. Information has now been added.