Dublin, Ireland, resounds with the Divine name (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Process of becoming a disciple of Jagadguru Shree Kripalu Ji Maharaj (Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Students learning about Jagadguru Kripalu Ji Maharaj(Read More)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Saturday, December 19, 2009

What to ask from God?

Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj
"What to ask from God - A Conversation between Queen Kunti and Shree Krishn"
Inspirational discourse in Houston, by Swami Nikhilanand, a pracharak of Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj. 

Location: Hindu Worship Society Temple
2223 Wirtcrest Lane,
Houston, TX 77055
Contact: Vishnu Divecha (713) 784-1455 OR Renu Seth (832) 816-0169
Date: Sunday, January 3rd 2010
Time: 12:00 - 13:00

Once in our history, in the time of Lord Krishn during Mahabharat, the mother of Arjun, Kunti, asked for a very strange boon from Krishn. Krishn had told Kunti that He could give her anything she desired. Kunti said "Vipadah santunah shashwad... Bavato darshanam..."  "O Lord Krishn, if you want to give me anything, give me lack of worldly pleasures at every step of my life, because the absense of worldly things inspires the human heart to proceed towards You; otherwise, the heart tends to recede from You because of its increasing attachments."

Krishn said "Kunti! Generally people desire for worldly luxuries, yog-powers or liberation. Why do you ask for the pains of the world?" Kunti replied, "My Lord! Do not try to trick me. You see, if I receive worldly luxuries, my pride will grow and I might forget You, so how could I come close to You? But if I am facing difficulties in my life, I will know that this world is full of miseries, disappointments, and negativities. Then naturally I will remember You, and when I remember You, I will find You"...

No comments: